Most often, when first meeting, the scope of the design project is discussed, which is the list of works included in it. The timeline for developing the design project and collaboration in selecting materials, finishes, and more is also often discussed. The payment sequence for the design project and the total cost of its implementation, which is the renovation in the end, are also frequently discussed.
Let’s start with the scope of work included in the design project and payment stages using the example of a complete STANDARD project.
1st STAGE – conceptual design
(50% advance payment of the total design project cost)
- Introduction, contract signing
- Actual measurements of the premises (photo and video documentation)
- Plan of redevelopment with furniture layout (discussion of layout options, corrections made until final approval)
- Work on the technical task, including surveying and collecting references. Approval of the overall concept of the design project, its style, color scheme, engineering equipment, etc.
- Material selection – visits to stores and showrooms for on-site approval of furniture, tiles, plumbing, lighting, flooring, doors, wall finishes, materials for built-in furniture, textiles, etc.
- Photorealistic 3D visualization of all rooms (starting with the living room or kitchen-living room, as these rooms usually define the style). That is, the visualizations already reflect the furniture and materials that we have selected in advance. Only thanks to such an approach, the client will know for sure that the renovation will be implemented in strict accordance with the design project visualizations.
At the beginning of the project development (conceptual design stage), the selection of the main components of the interior is carried out, based on the client’s budget and the overall stylistic solution.
2nd STAGE – working project
(30% advance payment of the total cost of the design project)
The set of drawings and schemes included in the working project:
- Survey plan
- Installation/dismantling plan (with 3D schemes)
- Furniture layout plan (approved)
- Furniture specification
- Ceiling plans with sections
- Lighting fixture layout plan
- Lighting specification
- Switch plan with lighting group connections
- Power equipment plan (outlets, air conditioners, audio/video equipment, etc.)
- Plumbing equipment layout plan
- Plumbing specification
- Flooring plan with material calculations and specifications
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and underfloor heating schematics
- Baseboard and door opening filling scheme
- Door filling specification
- Wall elevations for all rooms with material calculations
- Additional nodes and schemes depending on the project composition
- Estimate for repair works
This list of drawings is executed for each room based on an approved preliminary design – visualizations, using them as technical specifications. The set of drawings can also be supplemented depending on the necessity of detailing individual engineering or design elements (for example, developing a bar counter, reception desk, or individual partition in the interior).
It is important to understand that the design project does not include the calculation or installation diagrams of related sections, as these sections are carried out by separate certified specialists. For example:
- Ventilation and air conditioning (applies to complex centralized systems)
- Electrical calculations (applies to complex, technically loaded projects requiring volumetric non-standard solutions, equipment connection, and maintenance)
- Home theaters
- Access control and security systems (more often used in office premises)
- Pool and sauna equipment systems.
3rd Stage – Project Delivery
Handing over the project to the client, consulting the repair team if necessary.
- Visualization album in printed form (A3 format) in two copies and pdf format.
- Working drawings album in printed form (A3 format) in two copies and pdf format.
- Specifications for equipment of the object. Support from the studio’s manager – equipment specialist with the provision of internal bonus programs.
The completion time of the STANDARD design project ranges from 1 to 4 months, depending on the complexity, style, area of the object, and many other factors. For example, a design project of a 60m2 minimalist-style studio apartment will be completed much faster than a 300m2 classic-style house project.
After completing work on the design project, it’s worth ordering the project supervision service. Details about this service can be found in the article… (here is a button to the article).
Remember! An important factor for the quality implementation within the specified timeframe is the supervision of a project manager and the selection of a professional team of craftsmen who can work according to the design project!