The modern style is the most widespread in design not only in Ukraine, but also in Western Europe and around the world. It stubbornly holds a leading position due to its simplicity, spaciousness and conciseness. But not everything is as simple as it seems at first glance, because it is often more difficult to design a restrained, light and stylish design than a classic or any other.
Modern style is often associated with minimalism, and this is not surprising, because it looks simple, but it consists of many nuances, requires balanced decisions and a sense of proportion (without unnecessary decorative elements).
Features of modern style in the interior:
- Laconic shapes and volumes;
- Use of natural materials (very often wood and natural stone);
- Minimalist lighting and a flat white ceiling;
- Light colours to increase the space (walls are almost always white, grey or beige);
- A minimum number of accents (one or two elements throughout the space, often in a dark color or another contrasting color, if allowed by the overall concept or wood);
- Flooring made of the same material in all rooms (parquet or tiles / porcelain stoneware);
- Furniture is predominantly grey or beige;
- Black or chrome details (door handles, faucets, sanitary ware, etc.)
When designing in the modern style, we always adhere to one important rule: there should be no random lines in the interior – one line should flow into another, meaning that everything has a clear beginning and end. It is essential for one volume to logically and structurally transition into another, rather than being arbitrary. This approach allows us to achieve a balanced, professional, and visually aesthetic interior.
Most of our interiors in the modern style are executed in a monochromatic color scheme. Occasionally, we choose an accent color for the walls or soft furnishings, following the 60/30/10 principle. However, the most striking effect is achieved when incorporating wood – this material adds warmth and coziness. Examples are provided below.